Saturday 5 December 2015

My experience of being a product tester for the Mother&baby awards 2016 -

After posting the pictures on - line of my product review for the Mother&Baby awards, I had a lot of people asking me how I had managed to get myself involved in it. So I thought I'd write a blog on how I did it and how I found things.

I remember being sat at home one afternoon towards the end of March and I found myself looking at Facebook. Noah was only a few weeks old and I was enjoy those newborn moments but also found myself looking for stuff to do when he slept (which we all know newborns sleep a lot.) Anyway I was on Facebook and a advert popped up from Mother&Baby which was about looking for product testers  for the 2016 awards - So I applied. In all honesty I thought id just get a load of spam sent to my email address and phone calls from gas and electric company's.

I didn't hear anything back and kind of forgot that I had applied until I logged into my emails and had one from the admins - this was around June/July time. I must admit I was quiet doubtful and thought that they may be hidden charges to do this, but I was so curious! I also googled Product testing for mother&baby awards which came up with a few blog's about it. So I read these blog's and carried on with the intentions of doing the reviews.

I was sent lists of what I'd be interested in trying there was al-sorts ranging from toys to bath products. I was more then willing to help so I put my name forward for as much as I could. The stuff started to arrive and I found it exciting to have a parcel and not know what was in it or who it was from. It was also lovely to get personal letters from company's with information about there product. I remember one company sent me a personal Congratulations card for Noah's birth.(which was a lovely touch.)

We had to use the products and play with the products. I had to observe Noah playing and watch his reactions towards things and note things down. I showed friends and family what I had received and also got there views on them - We'd also discuss things about the product. It was great and I really enjoyed doing it.

I had to forward my reviews to Mother&Baby, which was dead straight forward to do. It was quiet detailed about what to write for the reviews and I had to write a lot about the products I was testing. There was also a dead line to work through - but I never found this stressful being under time pressure as I had a while to put together my reviews,

I found It made me think about products in a different way. I used to be the type of person that would just go and buy something for the boys - I'd never look on-line at reviews or ask around if others had tried it and id just go ahead a buy it/ But now I tend to take more time over things and read reviews on-line.

As I said above I have really enjoyed the experience of reviewing different products. There was nothing hidden with the product testing for the awards (No hidden costs or spam messages/calls.) The experience on the whole was fab and I feel very lucky to of been chosen to do this. It's made me want to write reviews on product I was already using around the home for Noah, Rowan and Alex and I would still be adding reviews on this blog of my own.

The awards where held last week in London and there was a few products I used that won awards! (Well Done Guy's) I was blown away when I was looking on the Mother&Baby web site and found a few of my reviews to be published live on there. (I'll Add links at the end!)

I know they will start looking for testers again March/April time - so keep your eyes peeled, if your interested in this!

If anyone would like further information on product testing or would like me to product test for there company please email me at mummyttoo3@gmail.com. I'd be more than happy to help.

Big thanx to Mother&Baby for giving me the opportunity to do this and a massive congratulations to those company's that scooped bronze,silver and gold awards.


Some Photo's of The Products I Helped Test/Review 
 Links to Mother&Baby award reviews below.










Some Of my reviews on the Mother&Baby web site
 - My name is Rachel Robinson/Tingle -

http://www.motherandbaby.co.uk/reviews-and-shop/playtime/baby-toys-under-12-months/tiny-love-gymini-kick-and-play

http://www.motherandbaby.co.uk/reviews-and-shop/playtime/baby-toys-under-12-months/mam-teething-friends


http://www.motherandbaby.co.uk/reviews-and-shop/playtime/baby-toys-under-12-months/sophie-la-girafe







Thanx For Reading Guys

Mummy T
x



No comments:

Post a Comment