Tuesday 5 January 2016

Happy New year!

After the madness of December, Christmas and New Year. We're finally in January! My boys are all back to school/nursery and the house is back to normal! Finally! I do love Christmas, but it's so nice to get back to normal! I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year.!
Ours was hectic! I worked more shifts, and only had Christmas Day off!

We had some lovely days out though over the Holidays and in December. One of Which was the Polar Express. We booked up to go on the Weardale one. I live around 30 mins from the station so it wasn't too far from us. I booked us up in October on standard seats! We where really looking forward to it, it's based around the film The Polar Express and one of the best things about it is you can go in your PJ's ((which the boys did)). The train ride its self was fab, They serve hot chocolate and cookies while your on the train. The staff read/tell the story and show the book to all passengers while you head to the North Pole. It follows the story line from the Polar Express and the staff are dressed as the singing chefs as well as the conductor. It really is a magical experience. All 3 boys really loved it including Alex (who has started to doubt if Santa's real). Santa was great as was the North Pole and elf's. Santa climbs aboard the train and talks to each child and gives each child a bell from his sleigh  The staff also aboard the train where great involved all the children. They made time to talk to all the children asking what they wished for Christmas etc. We all sang songs and also played games (adults too). It was a great atmosphere and I'd highly recommend it! The journey lasts around 1 hour and we where entertained through out the whole journey. I will add some pictures on this blog of our day there's also some on Instagram too. I have been on the Polar express before around 4 years ago! This was the first year it ran and there was a big difference this time around in respects of crowd control and queuing for tickets etc. I found this time around a lot better then the first - We travelled first class last time (there was just Alex and me as Rowan was only 2 months old) I can honestly say that apart from the china keep sake polar express cup there is really no difference between First class and Standard travel on the train.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and Santa was good to you all. Thanx for everyone support and reading my blogs! All the best to you all for 2016.

Thanx for reading

Mummy T

x








No comments:

Post a Comment